Sunday, November 10, 2013

We Are Family

This week we decided it was time for some cruel and unusual punishment (i.e. taking family pictures). It has been a long time since we last got them done, and we now have a new addition to the family. So Rach informed me we were going to get new pictures (this was definitely not my idea). So we took the kids to the store to see if we have mastered the art of smiling without looking constipated (based on the results of the pictures, I would say were maybe half way there).


Miles did a good job (although it was because he slept the whole time, but at least no tears!).

 

The girls made a good attempt at smiling pretty. This was about as good as we could get them to look (not pictured here is Rach in the background jumping around making silly faces).


 The whole family sitting still for a brief moment 
(which is a minor miracle in and of itself, so we take whatever version of a smile we can get).

This was supposed to be the end of the Meldrum family photo shoot for 2013 (or so I thought), 
but Rach decided it was so much fun we should do it again :(

My family came to visit the girls and see Miles (I'm not delusional enough to think they come to see me anymore), and Rach informed me we would be taking some more family pictures! 
(I was so excited I could hardly contain myself)



The entire Meldrum clan.


Granparents with the kiddos. 
This one is a little more stoic.


Wait, what happened here! It looks like someone decided to draw mustaches on everyone's face! That will be the last time we use that photographer (or this is actually my favorite family picture ever!).

Despite the fear and trepidation with which we entered the studio, everything turned out quite well. There were no tears, and even a little bit of fun.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Oh, Mike! You sound so much like Brendon. Pictures=torture. I don't get it. But I'm glad you ended up having fun.

I wish we could visit you guys and catch up.