I guess Allie wanted to sit down AND play with her table at the same time. She did this all by herself one RAINY afternoon. It has been Monsoon season here in Houston, so we have had to come up with things to do inside.
I was doing laundry and Allie built herself a little fort on our bed and then leaned back and read her birdie book.
This is Allie's new way of keeping busy while I cook dinner. She will go to the pantry, take a can and then walk all the way around the kitchen and into the dining room and put the can on the table, then repeat. I love it because she is not begging to be picked up; totally worth the unorganized pantry.
Monday night we had ice cream for our family night treat, but our dishwasher was broken, so we all shared one bowl to cut down on the dish-factor. I think Allie ate more ice cream than dinner, but that runs in the Meldrum line. Mike's grandma insists on eating ice cream before dinner.
1 comment:
Oh she is cute!!! My favorite is the picture on your bed, reading her book. I love that she wants to help in the kitchen - just like you did when you were little. It turned out to be a great thing - you could cook a complete dinner when you were about 10 years old!
Thanks for the great pictures!
Post a Comment