Sunday, March 16, 2008

What to do when you hubby is gone

Mike was able to attend the APhA conference in San Diego this past week over spring break (a new phenomenon to BYU students).  I really think that he just wanted to go to the zoo, but nonetheless, he is a hard worker so he should be able to play sometimes.  Too bad for me, I was not able to go with him.  Not to fear, I still had a fun time without him.   I went with Stacy (a friend from work) to the Blue Man Group, How to be a rockstar 2.1 show.  It was amazing, fun, and was a  sensory overload.  These were not the greatest pictures but was quite hard to take quality ones.  I would recommend anyone go to their show if you are at all in their vicinity.
I also babysat for some friends on Friday night and had a blast doing it. 
 I decided that since I was home alone on a Friday night, I might as well let someone else go and have a fun date night.   Jack (1.5) and I played, read books, rode his zebra and ate dinner.  Quite fun!
I also got to go with Mike's Parents to the Quilt festival in Trenton (a VERY small town in the backwoods of Florida).  It was the first year and was TOTALLY FUN!  They had the street shops lined with quilts hanging from the overhang the front of the store.  Some were hundreds of years old and some were more modern.  
It was a lot of fun and I was reinvigorated to start quilting more often.  

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I think that's the coolest quilt I have ever seen. I love all those small-town festivals! They're always so fun!

Nicole said...

That is so sad that he had to leave you for his week off! I'm glad that you had fun thought. That quilt fair would be so fun to go to!
--Nicole

emily said...

I always hate it when Ryan leaves town;however, it is usually when I get the most done. I am taking up quilting, I am so energized about it. I am going to blog my first quilt, so look for it and no making fun of it, promise. I love quilts and have always wanted to learn so my friend is teaching me. I am so excited.