Thursday, January 17, 2008

E is for Elephant

So last night I finished my Elephant block of my alphabet quilt.  For those of you who don't know, I have been working on an Alphabet quilt for about a year and I finished the letters and now am to the object part of the quilt.  For each letter I am creating something with that letter to put next to it.  I have never really done appliqué before this quilt so it is kind of a learning process but is absolutely fun!  It allows me to be creative because I am don't have any form of pattern and I just get to make it up as I go.    Quilting is something that I can do while Mike is studying and since I am doing it all by hand, I have it by my couch and whenever I have time I can do some stitching or ironing the pieces into shapes.  Now I will just have to figure out the rest of the quilt shapes and I am sure that I will get better as time goes on.

4 comments:

Brandon Palmer said...

This is realy cute! I love the idea. When you finish with yours I will have to have you make me one too.

;)

Kev and Aubs said...

So stinking cute! I want to see more pictures of that.

emily said...

this is so cute. I have a step sister that is the quilting queen. I should let you get on her blog, the crafty chicken, and see what she has done. You both would become fast friends. I am not creative enough to quilt, I am envious of people like you. I love your quilt.

Nicole said...

Rach, you inspired me. (I have always wanted to do an alphabet quilt. I will probably get to it in a few decades or never at this rate!) You inspired me because I have had a quilt tucked away for a really long time and I finally got it out and finished it. Thank you, thank you, I gave you the credit on my blog. I love this blog thing!
--Nicole